Production Assistant work on the machines and production lines. If you can carry out tasks quickly and accurately, this job could be for you.
In this job you will need to have patience, as the tasks can be repetitive. You will also need to work well in a team and on your own.
It will be useful if you have experience of work in manufacturing.
- The manufacture of food products is manual and mechanized, so your work as an operative will include:
- checking products for quality on the production line and removing defective items
- keeping machines supplied with packaging materials and labels
- reporting machine faults to shift supervisors and maintenance staff
- making minor adjustments to machine settings to handle changes from one type of product to another.
- You would keep the machines and production areas clean during the shift. Depending on your duties, you may also move packaged items around the warehouse using pallet trollies.HoursDesc
You would typically work 40 hours a week on a shift system, which can include evenings and weekends. Overtime is common during busy times. Factories are usually noisy and can be hot or cool, depending on the product being packed. You would wear protective clothing.IncomeDesc
£7.20/hour raising with experience
You will not usually need any qualifications to start work as a production assistant. It will be useful if you have previous experience of work on a manufacturing production line.